Archives: FAQs

How can I attend township meetings, virtually?

Hellam Township offers virtual access to Township meetings via Zoom. The Meeting ID is: 634 220 1697 and the Passcode is: Hellam 44. For more information, visit the link below: Township Meetings

How do I sign-up for the food pantry?

There are numerous food pantries in our area. However, Catholic Harvest Food Pantry distributes from the Hellam Township Municipal Complex, the fourth Thursday of every month. Families and individuals must sign-up ahead of time by calling 717-846-8571, option 3. Catholic Harvest Mobile Food Pantry

Where do I go to get information about my property line?

To get property line information you can contact the York County assessment office for more details, or contact a consultant to survey your property. York County Assessment Office If you have a dispute over a property line, that is a civil matter and must be handled through the District Magistrate’s Office. HERE

How do I file a right-to-know request?

For more information about filing a right-to-know request with Hellam Township, click the link below: Hellam Township: Filing a Right-To-Know Request

How do I know if there is a burn ban?

Whenever a burn ban is enacted, it is posted on our website homepage, sent out on our notifications app “Savvy Citizen”, posted on our social media accounts, as well as reported to the York County Department of Emergency Services. If a County Wide ban is in effect, we will relay the message on the avenues … Continued

How do I report that my septic system has been pumped?

Hellam Township is on a four year cycle for pumping. Reminder notices are sent out at the beginning of the year your pumping is due. You must use an approved hauler and once the hauler pumps your system, they will send a manifest of the pumping to the Township for recording.

How do I enroll my child in little league?

Please contact the Eastern York Rec Authority directly to enroll your child in youth sports, or visit Eastern York Rec Authority Eastern York Recreation Authority 35 Walnut Springs Road York, PA 17406 Office: 717-434-1305 Email:

Who do I call for police-related non-emergencies?

For police-related non-emergencies, you can call the non-emergency 911 number (County Control) at 717-854-5571, or call the Police Administrator during business hours, at 717-434-1310 extension 1325.

Close window